About 4 years ago I was going through a particularly dark time (as we all do). My Mom gave me a fabric covered composition book that she dubbed my "thankful journel". It was to be used to record any happy thing; big or small that happened throughout the day. I've since renamed it my "rainy day journel". At first the things recorded were as small as "a smile from my two year old", or
"a warm, soft bed". But as I've continued with it, I've trained myself to find the "little" things that are actually what make up the best part of life. As I read my past reflections and thoughts-memories flood my mind. I am filled with love and gratitude for my family and sweet lessons learned. Quirky comments that would've been forgotten, small victories won by my daughters, and "bumps in the road" that in hindsight I can laugh at.
Thank You, Mom for the inspiration you had. It has made savoring the little things a habit that I hope I never loose; and has filled my days with beams of light that brighten my life!
Pictures: "Generations" My Dad and my 3 month old son, My Daughter Rylee stopping the "smell the roses" =}
Way to go Sis! I've picked my "Gratitude Journal" up lots of times with the intention of making it a habit, but it only lasted one entry. You've inspired me to re-commit...again. Love you!
ReplyDelete